In all of Fort Mississauga history, it never saw a shot fired. Built in 1814 after the Americans left Niagara-on-the-Lake and Upper Canada.
Fort George was in ruins. The British rushed to building this Fort to discourage a second attack from the Americans.
Soldiers remained on-duty here until 1840. Today, the fort is located at the back of the Niagara-on-the-Lake Golf Course.